When you hear that super lutein is being hailed a “miracle supplement”, you may wonder as to why people are falling head over heels for having supplements like Naturally Plus super lutein. Experts point out that these supplements contain 6 carotenoids and a few essential vitamins that vitamin E as well as anthocyanin, DHA and certain other nutrients. Let us have a look.
- Super lutein supplements contain phytochemicals that are also carotenoids and that can help us maintain excellent health and have enhanced immunity. Since the human body cannot produce phytonutrients, we must either get them through the foods we eat or by taking super lutein supplements.
- Super lutein supplements contain lutein, another important nutrient. Lutein is present in two specific areas of our body – the retina of our eyes and our skin. Similar to phytonutrients, lutein cannot also be produced by our body and hence, we have to consume appropriate foods for getting it. For those who are deprived of lutein, super lutein supplements can help.
- Without Zeaxanthin, a diet cannot become nutritionally balanced. Zeaxanthin is similar to lutein in the sense that it is also present inside the retina of the eyes and more particularly, in the macula. Foods like Fuyu persimmons, maize, animal fat, egg yolks and green tea can supply this nutrient to us. We can go for super lutein supplements as well to obtain that nutrient.
- Lycopene, which is present in tomatoes, has anti-oxidant qualities and hence, if we ensure to get adequate amounts of this nutrient, we can protect our health from the bad effects of free radicals. That is why people are advised to take super lutein supplements.
- Foods such as pumpkin, carrots, etc. can supply nutrients to our body, like alpha-carotene and beta-carotene. However, we hate to eat the same foods again and again and hence, carrots and pumpkin may not find a place on our daily platter. So, we can take super lutein supplements and ensure we get adequate amounts of alpha-carotene and beta-carotene.
- Gardenia fruits or saffron stigma contain Crocetin, another nutrient and natural carotenoid we need. The specialty about this carotenoid is that our body absorbs it quickly. If we cannot eat gardenia fruits or saffron stigma regularly, we can opt for super lutein supplements.
- Polyphenols like Anthocyanin that can be gained by eating blackcurrants and blueberries can help us in having healthy eyesight. Naturally Plus super lutein supplements also contain Anthocyanin.
- DHA helps in brain development as well as the development of our nerve tissues. It is believed that DHA, an unsaturated fatty acid, can help us by extending our longevity.
- Super lutein supplements are reinforced with vitamin E and vitamins B1, B2, B6 and B12 also for keeping the ill effects of free radicals at bay.